Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Deck Demo Is Looking Good

After scraping aimlessly and missing valuable stitching time I've decided that if I had the extra money I'd really start from scratch on the deck, maybe I can live with an opaque stain for a couple more years. I think I'll look into what it'll cost to replace the top planking of the deck over the weekend and decide where to go from there. Opaque stain was just not made for a northern climate where people have to shovel off their decks!!! There that's my rant for the night.

Stitching wise nada today although I did make a wee bit of progress on giggles and my stocking last night, tonight has just been in limbo. Between groceries and talking to a dear friend hours before she delivers baby #2 (I'm soo jealous ;)) things are just off of their usual schedule although change is good.

Tonight Alex and I started Lemony Snicket's The Bad Beginning, he really enjoyed the way it was written (and I thought it was kind of neat as every so often when there was a big word (for him anyway) it would kind of give a more familiar word in a very off hand manner. We've gone through my on hand stock of Roal Dahl books (I'd love to know where my copy of Matilda is hiding) so I thought I'd try one of these books to give us a change of pace. And if Alex decides it isn't for him by then I'll have had a chance to get to the bookstore and pick up The Witches or Judy Blume's Fudge. It just amazes me how he's changed from reading board books to asking to be read to from a chapter book every night. I wasn't a book worm until my third grade teacher introduced us to the works of Roald Dahl, Judy Blume and Beverly Clearly. I think of applied more of the things I learned in that year of school to life in general than all of my years in university.

I'm getting really anxious for the stitching show, even if it isn't that great. I've put alot of work into fixing up the outside of the house and I could use a change of scenery for the day. Tea with the Dragon should be a blast!! Well I should shower and read another chapter of the book before it gets too late....I can't wait to learn more about Baby Ryan (yes that's a last name I know nothing more than he or she is healthy and ready to meet the world)!!

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

I didn't accomplish much on the stitching front last night either. We went out for a while and after DS was in bed, I was just too tired to do much. I'm afraid I won't get much done this weekend either with company...and I soooo want to finish stitching the RH border so I can start adding beads to CC!

Hope everything goes well for your friend and baby #2!!