Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Creation in Need of a Spirit

Last night after Alex went to bed Matt and I hooked up the Xbox to the little TV down in the playroom, blew up the airmattress and popped in The Last Samurai. It was nice to stitch downstairs. Although after looking at the Imagination Creation last night I realized he needs some eyes, he kind of looks soulless and hollow at the moment. I don't usually leave the eyes until last (well in this project DMC wise). Thinking about this made me look at my own soul and spirit a little which was feeling a little bruised yesterday. I was surprised at how an off the cuff comment about pro active people made by a friend could hurt so much. It probably wasn't even meant as a personal dig but it hurt none the less. I don't look down on people that don't speak up, doing so is more of a calling and in some cases, especially my own, an unwanted one. Anytime I have spoken up over issues in my heart it has been an honest attempt to leave the world a better place than I entered it, I was hoping for silent support from those around me, although I seem more than singled out for being pro active sometimes and I guess it hurts. Thankfully I have a wonderful little family who listens and understands sometimes, and I think actually seeing my vulnerable side reminds them that even though I can have a strong voice and resolve that it doesn't necessarily mean that I have strong 'skin'.

I also have a great circle of friends, and the power to heal, forgive and forget. I don't know what I'd do without my friends at work or stitching. Speaking of whom I can't wait to get out to stitch with them in an air conditioned room tonight! I'm really interested to see what everyone is stitching these days, plug away a little at Giggles and then maybe get back to adding some spirit in my Imagination Creation, he deserves the gift of sight.

No comments: