Saturday, August 06, 2005

All Good Things Must End

Well today is my last official full day on the Miramichi...sigh! Relaxing is so nice! Yesterday I got a couples stitches into The Wedding but we did do some running around town quite a bit so there wasn't too much of that. We took Alex to market for lunch, I had the yummy seafood casserole from one vendor (I look forward to it every time I'm down on a Friday, skipping my traditional Kurt's sausage that I'd have at the Fredericton market) and Alex had some honey garlic meatballs, ever since we bought him Sesame Street's Kids Favorite Songs Two with a rendition of "On top of spaghetti" he's been obsessed with meatballs. We'll also be wrapping up reading The Bad Beginning tonight, I tried finding Matilda in the basement, came up empty but did find Judy Blume's Freckle Juice and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing...potentials for tomorrow night (my search for The Witches at the local book shop was fruitless). In other news Matt called last night to let me know that I'd received some feedback from some of the competitions I sent in forms for...now to prepare myself for the big 'meeting' ;) Last night mom and I also sat down and scrapbooked before watching Finding Neverland.

On Thursday we headed to Escuminac, New Brunswick's best kept secret for beach bums!! What an improvement since it went private, espececially the board walk, no more treking through the sand dunes. The coast line and tides have changed a bit since I was there last 3 years ago, now there are really cool waves! Alex LOVED playing in them. I spent a third of the time in the water, another third sleeping on the soft sand and the last burying both Alex and Pappy in the sand. Thankfully the digital camera was on the wrong setting so the pictures of me in a bathing suit did not turn out ;) Although here's the boys in action...



No comments: