Monday, December 19, 2005

Arrived Safe And Sound

Yay, we made it to the Miramichi safe and sound yesterday via the bus, we made really good time, so good that my parents hadn't arrived at the bus station when we unloaded. It was alot of fun juggling 3 suitcases, 2 carry on's, 1 cabbage patch kid, a 5 year old and a car seat! Didn't do that much stitching on the bus, I did separate out some threads though for a Mill Hill Santa though. We hadn't been here too long before we took Alex swimming, I was amazed that he can now swim the length of the shallow end.

Today we did some of the huge stack of homework that was sent home, and sigh...Alex's good concert clothes, including a pair of brand new khakis have gone completely awol :( What's worse is they were 'emergency only' clothes that he should never have been wearing in the first place >:( Oh well...I just hope the children's place gets some replacements in. To get an idea of just how much was sent home one booklet of the three has 30 pages, I'm sure they're really doing THAT much work in school this week.

After lunch we headed over to the Zellers here and I found one more set of indoor icicle lights for my house finally. Yay! Then I ran into my friend Darren's mom and found out he was finally flying in for Christmas (I don't think he's made it home for Christmas since graduating from NBCC 8 years ago) so that was kind of neat. I also headed to the gym here and finished off the Order of the Phoenix while running. Now to go do some laps at the pool :)

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

Sounds like a great start to your vacation!

I hope Alex's clothes turn up...that's got to be annoying.