Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Q : Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what?

A : Nope, can't say I do. Although occasionally I do put my name on the back of the frame. To begin with I never did find a small letter font that I liked that went with any of the patterns I did so in the beginning that's why I never signed my projects. Later, I discovered the secret pleasure of having our work on display and hearing people's honest comments about it and then getting to say "you know, I stitched that". At retreat I try to put my items out when no one is looking so I can get some honest feedback and I really enjoy going to the FREX and hearing strangers talk about my work, I'd rather enjoy the feedback now when I'm alive than tap into the heirloom stuff, but that's just me ;)

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

I rarely sign my work either. I signed my earlier pieces because people told me that you *had* to do that LOL.