Friday, May 27, 2005

25 Most Asked Stitching Questions:

I saw this on Dani's Blog and lifted it because I thought they were
neat questions.

1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
Eighteen (one month off being 19)

2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
Myself, I'd wanted to learn for over a year but the couple people
that I knew that stitched never found the time to show me, so I read
the instructions in the kit I bought and the rest is history

3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
The long story: I always admired needlework and at the time had a
line of needleworking role moms all the way up to my great
grandmother, each with their own niche and cross stitch hadn't been
taken yet ;)
The short story: Was in the process of splitting with my high school
sweetie and needed something to do.

4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
A toss up between the border by TW on my elemental dragons and my
Witches of Booville by Stoney Creek, neight of which are done.

5. Do you have friends that stitch?
I think I only have one friend who doesn't

6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
My Peace And Quiet Please Dragon managest to trump even my Mirabilias

7. What is your favorite fabric?
Any sparkling evenweave, preferably 32 ct

8. What is your favorite fiber?
Rainbow Gallery Petit treasure braid, the metallic I find that
behaves the best with little effort.

9. What is your favorite needle?
Piecemaker 28's

10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Black and white.

11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
Normally a big project and an ornament but lately I've had more
starts than finishes

12. How many UFO's do you have at this time?
3 Elemental Dragons & Witches of Boovile and The Wedding

13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
Too many to count! I'm a serious chart collector!

14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
One shelf of the craft closet is dedicated to it.

15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
In my living room, on the couch under my mock-Ott Lite.

16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
Any time of day as long as I'm stitching is a good time of day!

17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
My guess is too many to count! Just under 100 if you count all the
small projects and ornaments.

18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
In exchanges and mostly to my mother and grandmother, although I did
do one for the MIL this christmas...brownie points ;)

19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
This may be a long list...
DMC (complete set)
GAST
WDW
Caron Waterlillies/Wildflowers/WaterColours
Gloriana Silks
Silk N' Colors
Dinky Dyes
Rainbow Galleries treasure braid, fuzzy stuff, wisper, splendor
Kreinik braid, ribbon, silk mori
Needle necessities
WDW and DMC perle cottons
Cresent Colours
Olde Willow Stitchery
Six Strand Sweets

I'm sure I've forgotten some too!

20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
One but I really should invest in another and allocate them to
hardanger.

21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames...etc)?
Just a mock-Ott Lite, I like the feel of the fabric in my hands too
much to do anything else

22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or
finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
About 10, mostly ornaments, only big one left to frame is Secret
Santa

23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
Why yes I do and we'd need to have three more kids for me to lose
it, and I think I'd lose my marbles before I lost my craft room ;)

24. Why do you stitch?
a)I like having something to show for my time,
b)Stress relief+++
c)The stitching friends
d)Heart felt gifts

25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
It's a toss up between the number of detours we made on our second
trip to retreat and almost heading to Nova Scotia or hearing about
the 'Victoria's Secret' retreat around the dinner table at retreat.

No comments: