Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Working With What You've Got

Well, I 'finished' that LK ornament. I picked it, one because I had a frame it could go in and that could be ornamentified and 2, I didn't have time to kit anything this morning. So instead of spending the insane amount to have it like the ornament issue (stitch a gift 12.00 + LK buttons 2.50 US) I took my 40% coupon (6.99*.60) and grabbed some red buttons out of some package I picked up a couple years ago at Michael's and came up with....

Not too shabby, although this would have a whole lot more meaning if it where Alex's first stitched piece. Who knows, he should be able to learn and crank this out quite quickly :P Sadly I neglected to 'finish' Heartfelt Harvey, even missed ironing him this evening. A true sin considering there was a great deal of design behind him (If I attempted to chart redwork, it would be a blob, plain and simple ;)) So here he is...and hopefully will get some felt loving this weekend...


I have to lol as I surely to goodness thought these would come after quite a few others that I'd like to stitch ;) Thank goodness I have some vacation time to catch up on my priority list.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

They're both fabulous. That frame really is perfect ! :)

Lori said...

Nice stitches,Katie.
Can't believe you stitched LK, but you DEFINITELY added some character to it. I would have done the same thing. Good thinking!

The Snowman looks great stitched in red.

Pumpkin said...

How awesome is that! Great finish on the LK and very creative :o)

Harvey is adorable!